The iBookstore Is A Billion Dollar Business For Apple
The iBookstore might not be the most profitable leg of Apple’s empire, but it is said that Apple doesn’t get into a business if it can’t make a billion dollars off of it… so no surprise that the iBookstore is a billion dollar business, even if it’s not much more than that.
Over at Asymco, Horace Dediu crunched the numbers and said that the iBookstore is making over a billion dollars in pure profit for Apple.
If I choose a more conservative $9 average selling price and assuming a 70% share for the publisher then Apple’s iBooks generated about $1.3 billion in payments and grossed about $1.8 billion.
That’s no small beans.
- Beautiful Ceramic Bluetooth Speaker For Your Kitchen [MWC 2013]
- Apple Announces iTunes U Content Has Topped One Billion Downloads
- Files App Is A Beautifully Designed File Manager For iOS [Review]
- The Best New Gadgets Of Mobile World Congress [Feature]
- Samsung Hires U.K. Judge Who Forced Apple To Apologize To Them Publicly